Around here, we’re big fans of Valentine’s Day. Not to sound overly sentimental, but at the breakneck speed of today’s society, we all need reminders to step back and take a moment to cherish our loved ones and think about what makes them so special to us.
But beyond loving each other, Valentine’s Day is our opportunity to remember to love ourselves – to pamper ourselves so we can look and feel our best.
So, whether you already have your date for Valentine’s or are still searching for one, here are five of our top treatments to get your best glow going by the time the big day arrives.
1. Revitalize your skin with a facial or peel.
Your body’s largest organ is your skin. If you expect your skin, especially the skin on your face, to look its best and stay healthy, you can’t just take it for granted. Stress, environmental pollutants, aging, sun damage and overuse of pore-clogging skin care products are all things that take their toll on your skin.
Our facial rejuvenation services are essential to repair, maintain and support superior skin health. We offer advanced professional facials, in addition to chemical peels and microdermabrasion, to clear blocked pores, moisturize dry skin and remove dead cells. No matter which of our treatments you choose, the result will leave your skin cleaner, softer, younger and truly transformed for a radiantly healthy complexion.
2. Solve common skin complaints with laser treatment.
Laser resurfacing is a highly versatile cosmetic treatment that helps refresh the skin by removing the top layers, which stimulates the growth of new, healthy skin cells.
The laser safely and intensively targets skin cells, promoting the skin’s natural healing process to improve the look of common imperfections such as wrinkles, discoloration and scarring. Best of all, laser skin care is a non-surgical procedure that takes less recovery time than surgery.
Here are some of the issues we can improve with our advanced Icon™ Aesthetic System:
- Wrinkles – As we age, the collagen and elastin in our skin break down, making us more susceptible to wrinkles. If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your wrinkles, or if you feel your face is making you look older than your true age, laser treatment can help restore your skin to a youthful look.
- Scars – Whether you suffered from teenage acne or have prominent scarring from an injury or surgery, you may feel insecure about your scars. We can use lasers to lessen the appearance of scars, whether they’re on your face or your body.
- Stretch marks – Stretch marks are commonly associated with pregnancy, but they can form any time your skin stretches rapidly. Some people even have stretch marks as a result of childhood growth spurts. If you’re embarrassed by your stretch marks, you will be happy to know we can address them with laser treatment.
- Veins – Laser treatment is one of the best ways to target spider veins and varicose veins, reducing their appearance and helping patients feel more self-confident.
- Unwanted hair – Laser treatment is an increasingly popular way to remove unwanted face or body hair for good. Laser hair removal creates heat that is intense enough to destroy hair follicles, preventing future hair growth.
3. Look younger instantly with injectable treatments.
Are you self-conscious about common effects of aging, such as sagging skin or lost facial volume? Dermal injectables may be the perfect solution for you. With these products, we can deliver natural-looking results you’ll notice immediately – all without making a single incision in your skin.
Injectable fillers can both reduce wrinkles and provide subtle lift to facial features, while eliminating the recovery time and potential risks involved with surgical cosmetic procedures.
Targeted use of dermal fillers allows us to improve:
- Sagging around the mouth and chin
- Loose skin in the chin or neck areas
- Hollowed-out cheeks, temples or backs of hands
- Frown or smile lines around the mouth
We are excited to provide both the Juvéderm® and Sculptra® product lines, which are nontoxic, biocompatible and FDA-approved.
We also offer Botox® – a muscle relaxer that works together with dermal fillers to create longer-lasting results – in addition to Kybella®, a prescription medication that promises to reduce unwanted chin fullness.
4. Get firmer, tighter skin with microneedling.
A technique known as microneedling promotes new cell growth to improve the quality and the texture of skin by stimulating collagen production. When microneedling joins forces with radio frequency (RF), the results are even more outstanding. The heat from the RF penetrates the deeper layers of the skin, called the dermis, which causes the skin to contract, leading to firmer and healthier-looking skin.
RF microneedling is suitable for most patients, and can help treat a wide variety of skin complaints. RF microneedling reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles, and is also perfect for patients with sun-damaged skin or uneven skin tone.
Because of its tightening effect, RF microneedling is also an ideal treatment for patients who struggle with skin laxity, especially in their necks and the lower half of their faces. People with facial scarring, especially acne scars, usually benefit from this treatment as well.
5. Clear up skin with photorejuvenation.
A photofacial is a non-abrasive and non-invasive method for rejuvenating your skin using a groundbreaking technology called intense pulsed light (IPL). IPL photofacials can improve the signs of sun damage, rosacea and brown spots on the face, hands and body. It has also proven effective at reducing the appearance of light acne scars, dark circles around the eyes and fine lines around the eyes and mouth.
The IPL technique relies on heat to create the therapeutic effect. The hyperpigmented spots and red areas of your skin selectively absorb the visible light delivered during the procedure. Virtually any part of your body with uneven skin tone, redness, sun spots or signs of aging is safe to treat with IPL.
Healthier Skin by Valentine’s Day Is Possible!
At University Park Dermatology and Medical Spa, we are dedicated to providing exceptional care and highly personalized treatment to every patient. If you’re interested in the procedures we’ve described here, or any of the many other services we offer, contact us today to book an appointment for a consultation.