Microneedling, also called collagen induction therapy, has become increasingly widespread among people who want to improve the look of their skin without invasive treatments. The practice of microneedling dates back to the mid-1990s, but it has expanded significantly in recent years, thanks to the introduction of new technologies and its exploding trendiness on social media.
What Is Microneedling?
Essentially, microneedling is the insertion of very fine, short needles into the surface of the skin to create hundreds of microscopic punctures, which kick the skin’s natural healing process into high gear to improve skin texture, reduce the size of pores and minimize the appearance of wrinkles and scars.
The micro-injuries created during microneedling result in a higher cell turnover and increased collagen and elastin production, which both reverse and prevent the signs of aging. Because of the treatment’s ability to activate the generation of new skin cells, just a few sessions of microneedling will noticeably reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
The latest microneedling technology uses radiofrequency (RF) to help stimulate collagen in the skin. The RF emitted from the needles stimulates your body’s natural collagen production by penetrating even more deeply into the skin, which causes it to contract. RF microneedling has become an enormously popular alternative to injectable treatments for creating youthful skin.
Benefits of RF Microneedling
RF microneedling is a cutting-edge technique that results in an immediately improved appearance. Here are some of the reasons people are relying on microneedling to maintain youthful-looking skin.
- Tightens skin – The older you are, the less collagen and elastin your body produces. RF microneedling boosts collagen in the body, which gives the skin a tighter, more youthful appearance. Tighter skin also helps reduce lines and wrinkles and helps you look naturally rejuvenated.
- Versatile – RF microneedling is safe and effective for all skin types and tones, and isn’t just exclusive for your face and neck – it can be used on any part of your body where you want the benefits of non-surgical firming, toning and tightening.
- Reduces lines and wrinkles – People who are struggling with unwanted lines and wrinkles that make them look older are often delighted by the effects of RF microneedling. It is both quicker and more affordable than many other types of cosmetic treatment, and leads to a noticeably younger appearance immediately.
- Turns back the clock on sun-damaged skin – Collagen’s benefits to your skin go beyond merely reducing wrinkles. By stimulating collagen growth with microneedling, you can also reverse years of sun damage, including discoloration and sun spots.
- Minimizes scarring – RF microneedling is also the most effective way to treat different types of scarring, especially acne scars. Many people find RF microneedling targets the skin on a deeper level and repairs it in a way that is far superior to other treatments.
- No downtime – Because RF microneedling is minimally invasive, you won’t need to take any time away from your daily activities to recover. In fact, many of our patients even get the procedure on their lunch hour and are able to return to work immediately afterward.
- Makes your beauty products more effective – One of microneedling’s biggest benefits is that it greatly improves your skin’s ability to absorb topical treatments such as creams, lotions and serums more efficiently, allowing you to obtain the full benefits. The reason is that microneedling creates thousands of invisible holes that act like tiny channels, allowing skin care products to penetrate more deeply into your skin.
INFINI RF Microneedling
INFINI Radiofrequency by Lutronic is the newest fractional skin rejuvenation treatment available. It’s a high-intensity, yet minimally invasive, RF microneedling treatment that helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scarring and sagging skin.
What Makes INFINI Different?
The microneedles are what differentiate the INFINI treatment from other types of RF procedures. The tips of the tiny needles release a small charge of energy, which create the collagen stimulation and contraction for greater results.
INFINI is also highly customizable in terms of the treatment depth and energy levels. The process relies on an advanced handheld device with 34-gauge microneedles that send RF energy deep inside the layers of the skin. The combination of microneedling with RF energy stimulates collagen production like no other treatment.
INFINI Delivers Results
INFINI has provided proven results for acne scars, wrinkles, texture, laxity and stretch marks. With INFINI treatments, we have helped our patients:
- Improve superficial fine lines and wrinkles of the face, eyes and neck
- Improve the elasticity of aged and sun-damaged skin
- Treat scars of all types, particularly acne scars
- Tighten loose or saggy skin on all parts of the body, including arms, chest, knees and abdomen
- Treat acne and hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
What to Expect After INFINI Treatment
There is minimal discomfort with INFINI microneedling, because we apply a topical anesthetic to your skin before we begin. That makes the procedure virtually painless and highly effective. You will not need to plan for any recovery time; just a minor redness like a sunburn for 24 to 36 hours afterward.
Each treatment can take about 30 minutes maximum for the whole face. For the best results, we recommend approximately three treatments, spaced out once per month. After four to six months, the collagen will be fully remodeled, and you will be able to enjoy the full results of your treatment.
Questions About INFINI RF? Don’t Miss Our Lunch-and-Learn Meeting
If you still have questions about this innovative process for restoring a youthful appearance, you are invited to join us for a lunch-and-learn session on Thursday, February 22, from noon to 1 p.m. Dr. David Sax and the Upderm staff will be hosting this informative discussion to provide an overview of the INFINI RF process and its many benefits.
At this educational session, we will be offering:
- Special discounts on our INFINI RF treatment packages when purchased on the day of the event
- Complimentary consultations
- Refreshments and light bites
Space is limited, so please reserve your spot by calling our office at 941-360-2477 today. We hope to see you there!