Have you ever looked in the mirror and suddenly felt your skin needs help? Roughness, dullness, oily or dry patches, blackheads, whiteheads and discolorations are all strong indications it’s time to seek out some TLC for your skin.
You might assume a regular spa facial is the answer to your collection of concerns, but it’s time to consider an innovative procedure called HydraFacial MD®, which is making waves as one of the most popular new non-invasive treatments for long-term skin health.
What Is a HydraFacial?
This multi-stage treatment combines all the benefits of dermabrasion and a chemical peel, plus pain-free extractions and a delivery of antioxidants, hyaluronic acid and peptides to leave the skin cleansed, hydrated and nourished – all within as little as 30 minutes.
Are you looking for instant, noticeable results with no downtime or irritation? The HydraFacial treatment is a refreshing and instantly effective procedure that is effective at treating:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Elasticity and firmness
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- Discoloration and sun damage
- Oily and congested skin
- Enlarged pores
What Is Hydradermabrasion?
A traditional dermabrasion procedure involves exfoliating the top layer of skin with a fine grit. Hydradermabrasion uses a gentler approach that cleanses pores while simultaneously infusing the skin with intensive moisturizing serums that leave skin glowing and radiant.
Many clients report seeing visible skin refinement and an even, radiant skin tone after just one treatment. The smooth results and hydration may last a week or even longer, depending on how well you observe your skin care regimen. Follow-up treatments can help you maintain your results even longer.
How Does HydraFacial Work?
The HydraFacial is a simple, in-office procedure that can take as little as 30 minutes.
1. The first step involves cleansing and exfoliation, using a deplaning tool to open pores and sweep away the topmost layer of makeup debris and dead skin cells. Patients have described this phase as a cool paintbrush running over the face.
2. After cleaning your skin, we apply a light acid peel. However, this is not your typical aggressive chemical peel; it’s a blend of glycolic and salicylic acid, which is progressive enough to dissolve the damaged, dead layer of skin with only a mild tingle.
3. Next, we use a specially designed vortex-extraction nozzle to suction dirt, debris and oil from your pores. Unlike extractions in a typical facial, there is no squeezing, pinching or popping involved in a HydraFacial, so there is a reduced risk of infection.
4. Lastly, a handpiece called the vortex-infusion tool infuses an antioxidant and collagen-rich serum onto the skin to promote elasticity and hydration.
Benefits of the HydraFacial
What has driven the skyrocketing popularity of this procedure?
- It appeals to nearly all ages, complexions and concerns.
Even the most sensitive skin easily tolerates the HydraFacial treatment. It is ideal for a variety of skin concerns, from younger patients with acne to older people who want to remove years of sun damage and wrinkles.
- It is safe and effective, with consistent results.
Traditional facials can leave skin red and irritated, or even result in a breakout, which is not the goal you wish to achieve. The HydraFacial is a high-tech experience that delivers consistent outcomes and a comfortable, enjoyable treatment. Because the same tool that exfoliates skin and cleanses your pores simultaneously delivers rich moisturizer with every pass it makes across your face, there is no scraping, pulling, pinching or poking.
- It cleanses pores without any side effects.
HydraFacial was designed to be a relaxing experience, akin to having a gentle massage. Though it combines elements of powerful treatments like microdermabrasion and chemical peels, it is never painful. The vortex device vacuums dirt and pollution out of your pores, leaving you with a refreshed, healthy glow. This suctioning action is multifaceted: It not only removes grime, but also boosts circulation and stimulates the lymph system, which removes toxins from your face.
- It provides instant gratification with zero downtime.
Unlike treatments such as laser skin resurfacing, which require time for prep and healing, there is no need for downtime after getting a HydraFacial. If you choose to do so, you can put on makeup and immediately pick up where you left off in your daily schedule. You can also get it directly before an important event such as a wedding or class reunion to get that immediate radiance. Celebrities often undergo this treatment on the same day they are due to walk the red carpet because they feel so confident their skin will be “camera-ready” with no fear of irritation.
- There is no discomfort after the procedure.
Many people report an uncomfortable burning sensation after getting a traditional facial, which is why you can’t immediately go from an ordinary facial to a special occasion. HydraFacial, on the other hand, is gentler on the skin, so you will not feel any unpleasant or painful reaction afterward.
- You can get a HydraFacial alongside other procedures.
If you are planning to get other minimally invasive procedures such as cosmetic injectables, you can opt to get those done on the same day as your HydraFacial.
- It’s highly customizable.
A HydraFacial is an excellent way to address specific skin concerns, allowing you to focus on your priorities. For example, if you wish to brighten your skin or minimize the appearance of fine lines, you can choose to add nutrient boosters to enhance your experience.
Book Your HydraFacial in Sarasota
If you feel as if you have tried every skin care serum on the shelf and are still not seeing the results you desire, contact University Park Dermatology & Medical Spa at our Sarasota office today to schedule a HydraFacial consultation. Board-certified dermatologist Dr. David Sax has assembled a caring and experienced team of medical professionals who are passionate about offering all our patients the utmost level of personalized service and outstanding cosmetic results. We invite you to experience a HydraFacial with us and immediately enjoy the benefits of softer, smoother, plumper and younger-looking skin.